I implemented the official L’Arche UK website. This entailed detailed attention to accessibility issues enabling users with disability to use the site to it’s full potential. The main structure was built using php includes to blend the framework of the pages, so that top and some side navigation remained on all pages.
- It also had a closed branded social network, using Ning.
- Accessibility options – screen reader safe, page contrast and zoom options, access keys and site map.
- An online shop using Cubecart was also intergrated.
- A content management system using Surreal CMS was used so that L’Arche members could easily update the site with new content.
- There was video embedded into the site which I also branded to match. Transcripts of the video was also available.
- An interactive map showing the location and contact details of each L’Arche community.
I then went on to rebrand and implement similar sites for the other nine L’Arche communities which all had there bespoke features.
L’Arche has since updated their website but they were extremely happy with their site which was done on a slim budget but remained highly functional for a range of bespoke needs. New L’Arche website larche.org.uk . They continue to use many of the functions from the previous site.
It’s a project I learnt a lot of new skills whilst researching best practice and options available.